Covid – 19 Update: After reviewing CDC guidelines and conference recommendations the decision has been made by the Trustees that Pine Grove will resume in-person/indoor worship on Sunday, October 4 at 11am. The church is making every effort to provide a safe worship environment. Please know that if you do not feel ready to attend in person worship yet we will be recording the service and putting it on YouTube Sunday afternoons. Pastor John’s sermon will be posted on Sunday morning. Pine Grove will leave its FM transmitter on Sunday mornings for those who wish to remain in their cars and listen in.
Pine Grove UMC Guidelines
- Anyone who is at risk or sick or experiencing symptoms should stay home. The main symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, coughing, and shortness of breath. If anyone attends worship and tests positive for COVID-19, the church will have to shut down again for two weeks. The church is putting these guidelines in place to protect everyone, but these do not guarantee that you will not be exposed to COVID-19. Weekly Sermons will still be available online. (Recordings of the service will be available soon.)
- There will be no congregational singing in the service for the time being. We will have special music, but to err on the side of caution we will refrain from congregational singing until there is more information that it is safe to do so.
- Our service will be 35-40 minutes long.
- Worshippers will sit in staggered pews to assist in social distancing. Please sit only with members of your immediate family.
- No bulletins will be printed.
- Worship aids and pertinent information will be on the screens
- No pens, hymnals, or envelopes in the pews.
- No passing of the peace, or offering time during the service (boxes will be placed in the lobby)
- Hand sanitizer stations will be provided as you enter the building.
- Restrooms will remain open and will have disinfecting wipes available. We strongly recommend you use the bathroom before coming to worship and consider the church restrooms to be for emergency use only.
- Doors will be propped open on Sundays to provide touch-free entry.
- We ask that social distancing be maintained while inside the building.
- Masks are required.
- Other ministries and activities such as Sunday School, Bible Studies, Choir practice, and Fellowship Lunch, will not meet during this time. Some leadership meetings may resume while social distancing.
- Cleaning of the church will be overseen by the trustees of the church.
Approved by the Trustees on August 4, 2020